2.Smiling changes our moodNext time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. There's a good chance you mood will change for the better. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.
3. Smiling is ContagiousWhen someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.
4. Smiling Relieves StressStress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able to take action.
5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune SystemSmiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. revent the flu and colds by smiling.
6. Smiling Lowers Your Blood PressureWhen you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure. Give it a try if you have a blood pressure monitor at home.Sit for a few minutes, take a reading. Then smile for a minute and take another reading while still smiling. Do you notice a difference?
7. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and SerotoninStudies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug.
8. Smiling Lifts the Face and Makes You Look YoungerThe muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Don't go for a face lift, just try smiling your way through the day!you'll look younger and feel better.
9. Smiling Makes You Seem SuccessfulSmiling people appear more confident, are more likely to be promoted, and more likely to be approached. Put on a smile at meetings and appointments and people will react to you differently.
10. Smiling Helps You Stay PositiveTry this test: Smile. Now try to think of something negative without losing the smile. It's hard. When we smile our body is sending the rest of us a message that "Life is Good!" Stay away from depression, stress and worry by smiling.
From : Mark Stibich
Walaupun Rasulullah dikenali sebagai seorang pemimpin besar,
namun baginda juga tahu untuk tersenyum dan ketawa, terutamanya ketika bersama para sahabat. Samak bin Harb menceritakan, dia pernah bertanya kepada Jabir bin Samurah, “Pernahkah kamu duduk bersama-sama Rasulullah?” Kata Jabir, “Selalu. Rasulullah selalunya tidak akan berdiri dari tempatnya solat Subuh, sebelum terbit matahari. Apabila matahari sudah terbit barulah Rasulullah bangun. Selama
duduk-duduk itu, para sahabat ada yang bercakap-cakap membincangkan peristiwa
zaman jahiliah, lalu mereka ketawa dan Rasulullah tersenyum.” (Hadis Riwayat